Sunday, October 30, 2011

snow day!

On Wednesday I woke up to a phone call at 6:20 AM.
"This is the UNC Emergency Alert System. Campus closed."
My university is nicknamed "University that Never Closes."
As in, my campus hasn't closed for a snow day in over 25 years.
So I jumped out of bed, and ran in the living room where all 5 of my roommates were standing, looking at all the snow outside.
It was insanity.
And once the gravity of the situation set it, we were ecstatic.
We ran around jumping and screaming and probably woke up some of our neighbors.

After going back to bed, we woke up and made pancakes and muffins.
Then got on our snow gear to go outside and play. 




We threw snowballs...

stood on the tree that was knocked over by heavy snow...


 buried Jayme in the snow...



and built a snowman.

Then we made cookies, drank tea, and watched Love Actually. 

Even though we lost power for a few hours (THAT RHYMES!) it was still just as perfect as the rest of the day. We ate dinner on the floor in the living by candlelight.

You know how in Groundhog Day, Bill Murray keeps having the same day over and over again?
If I could choose one day to do over and over again, it would be this one.



2 comments:

  1. Love Actually! My favorite movie ever!!! I feel it in my fingers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there with you guys! (yes, I creepily read your blog, because I miss you so much.)

    Also, fun fact, I've seen where Groundhog day was filmed! My roommate last year lives in that town. haha. Just thought you would appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete