Thursday, August 25, 2011

let's just get this over with.

First posts are always so awkward, aren't they?
It's like when you were in high school and you had to stand up and tell the class about yourself.
And all of a sudden you have no idea who you are or what you do or what you like. 

So here we go.

I'm Abbi.

I'm 19 years old, and I'm a junior at the University of Northern Colorado.

I love reading. Let me clarify. I live for reading. It's what I put under interests and hobbies on all applications and surveys. (It's usually the only thing I put under interests and hobbies, because I'm crap at sports and putting down 'eating' and 'watching tv' doesn't always make you popular.)

Speaking of, I love TV. I have an unhealthy obsession with it. I have so many shows I love that they will probably require their own separate post, but the shows that currently occupy my time are Doctor Who and Parks and Recreation. But really, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I own more clothes than any human ever should. My bank account weeps every time I go anywhere. It's a problem. We're working on it. 

I'm an elementary education major. Teaching second grade would be ideal.

I'm a nanny in the summers to the best kids in the world. 

I live with 5 other girls, which is fun and crazy and everything you think it would be.
(me and 3 of the 5)

And...that's all, folks. 


4 comments:

  1. I'M YOUR FIRST FOLLOWER! AND COMMENTER! (AND STALKER!) (Kidding on that last one...) (Sort of.) Also, I love you the MOST.

    You make me laugh all the time. Bring on the Abbi blog. I guess I can share you with the masses. Allons-y!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOT! I love it, nice to meet you (for more real than Twitter, I guess?) Abbi! I'm Allison, a 17 year old at UCLA... and now the second follower and commenter! Huzzah!

    PS: I know how you feel... goodness, I had to call my roommates knowing nothing but their first names and phone numbers and introduce myself as "the future sharer of their room". It was nerve-wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your blog! That was totally an unawkward intro blog post. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

    I'm so glad Kate is sharing you with the masses. I'm a bit envious that ya'll have gotten to hang out. I wish I was a cool Colorado girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have a blog now! I already love your Tumblr, so I'm sure I'll love your blog.

    You are incredibly beautiful, by the way.

    Good luck with the new semester!

    ReplyDelete